Kensington-Windsor Terrace Neighbors email@example.comKWTneighbors is a community board serving the residents of Kensington and Windsor Terrace. Membership is open to people who live in or have a business in Kensington or Windsor Terrace. The listserv, started in 2004, has more than 3,500 members.
The goals of the listserv are to be an online community for new and long-time Kensington and Windsor Terrace residents and an information resource for our corner of Brooklyn.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW!
Members exchange information about events in Kensington and Windsor Terrace, housing and new development, libraries, schools and school construction, businesses, services, shopping, crime, traffic, transportation, and safety. They share ideas for activities for adults or children in the community, arrange playgroups, and meet their neighbors.
KWTneighbors is a private listserv with rules that members must follow. We are not a blog or an open public forum.
Posts can only be made by residents of Kensington and Windsor Terrace on their own behalf or on behalf of another KWT resident.
Stoop sales, sidewalk sales, and garage sales can be posted on both KWTneighbors and KWT Classifieds.
Lost Items and Found Items can be posted on KWTneighbors.
E-mail about buying, selling, trading, borrowing, requesting donations of, and giving away merchandise/goods/items cannot be posted on KWTneighbors. Kensington and Windsor Terrace residents can buy, sell, trade, borrow, request donations of, and give away merchandise/goods/items on KWT Classifieds. To request membership in KWT Classfieds, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selling items that you make, you are offering a service and you can post your ad on KWTneighbors instead of on KWT Classifieds. When you post the ad on KWTneighbors, write "[CP]" at the beginning of the subject line. "CP" means "Commercial Post" and indicates that a product or service is being advertised.
(1) Residents can post job searches only for themselves or for other KWT residents, including former or soon-to-be-former employees.
(2) Employers can post job searches only for current employees who are going to remain in their employ and are seeking additional employment (a sharing arrangement, such as for a nanny, babysitter, or housekeeper).
(1) Residents can post housing searches only for themselves or other KWT residents.
(2) Residents can post about selling or renting their own house, apartment, or room.
(3) Residents can post listings for their own real estate agency or someone else's, but the posts must be limited in number.
(1) On commercial posts, put [CP] at the beginning of the subject line.
(2) E-mail will be posted about classes, events, etc. if they are held in Kensington or Windsor Terrace or if the organizer or teacher lives in either neighborhood.
(3) E-mail will be posted about a business if it is located in Kensington or Windsor Terrace; if it isn't but the owner lives in Kensington or Windsor Terrace, we make an exception and post the advertisement once.
(4) An announcement can be posted once about the start of ongoing classes (music, singing, language, yoga, movement, guitar, art, etc.), a time-limited series of classes, or new classes (classes created for additional age groups, weekend classes, etc.).
(5) We limit the amount of advertising that a business can do. Local businesses are allowed to post one time per season (four times per year total).
Comment on this listserv about local businesses and local organizations the same way you would comment on this listserv about any other neighbor. If you have or had a problem or issue with a local business or local organization and tried to resolve it with them directly to no avail, you can comment on the listserv that you have or had a problem or issue, you spoke directly to them about it, and people who want more information can e-mail you off-list for details.
When you include a link in your e-mail, either state your thoughts about the article you're linking to or summarize it or include quotes from it so that members can decide whether or not to click on the link and read further.
Sign your e-mail so that your neighbors know who they are communicating with and can address you by name. Sign with your first name, your nickname, or however you like people to address you. If your signature includes information about your or your employer's business that's relevant to your post, please limit it to two or three short lines below your name. Unsigned e-mail and e-mail that's only signed with a signature block won't be posted.
An e-mail can be posted once.
We don't post videos or photos or identification of people who we assume are neighborhood residents without their knowledge because if they aren't members, they wouldn't have an opportunity to defend themselves or possibly offer an explanation.
We post about crimes that have been reported to the police, and we post photos or video that show the criminal in the act (i.e., not just approaching a building or walking on the sidewalk). Under those two circumstances, we will post on behalf of someone who wants to be anonymous.
KWTneighbors is moderated. Each e-mail that is sent to KWTneighbors has to be approved by a moderator before it can be posted. Our goal is to keep KWTneighbors a positive resource in the neighborhood, a place where nobody feels intimidated about posting.
Keep your messages courteous, respectful, and civil. Personal attacks aren't allowed. The moderators have the right to end a thread. Take irrelevant or heated conversations off-list, but don't send personal attacks to members of KWTneighbors. If you do, you'll be banned from the listserv.
To join, please let us know your name and what your connection is to our community: for example, you live here, you have a business here, or you have a child in school here.
- 3,670 Members
- 42,723 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.