Kensington-Windsor Terrace Neighbors email@example.comJuly 29, 2020: Because so many people are losing employment due to COVID-19 (and, in particular, childcare workers), we are suspending our rules about nanny posts. For the next few months, you can post about a nanny share or about a nanny who has been working for you in KWT this past couple of years who may now be looking for work. Only post about nannies who you personally have worked with in our community.
KWTneighbors is a community board serving the residents of Kensington and Windsor Terrace. Membership is open to people who live in or have a business in Kensington or Windsor Terrace. The listserv, administered by volunteers, started in 2004. It has more than 3,600 members.
The goals of the listserv are to be an online community for new and long-time Kensington and Windsor Terrace residents and an information resource for our corner of Brooklyn.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW!
Members exchange information about events in Kensington and Windsor Terrace, housing and new development, libraries, schools and school construction, businesses, services, shopping, crime, traffic, transportation, and safety. They share ideas for activities for adults or children in the community, arrange playgroups, and meet their neighbors.
KWTneighbors is a private listserv with rules that members must follow. It is not a blog or an open public forum.
Posts can only be made by residents of Kensington and Windsor Terrace on their own behalf or on behalf of another KWT resident.
Stoop sales, sidewalk sales, and garage sales can be posted on both KWTneighbors and KWT Classifieds.
Lost Items and Found Items can be posted on KWTneighbors.
E-mail about buying, selling, trading, borrowing, requesting donations of, and giving away merchandise/goods/items can be posted on KWT Classifieds but not on KWTneighbors. If you are not already a member of KWT Classifieds and would like to join, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selling items that you make, you are offering a service and you can post your ad on KWTneighbors instead of on KWT Classifieds. When you post the ad on KWTneighbors, write "[CP]" at the beginning of the subject line. "CP" means "Commercial Post" and indicates that a product or service is being advertised.
(1) Residents can post job searches only for themselves or for other KWT residents, including former or soon-to-be-former employees.
(2) Employers can post job searches only for current employees who are going to remain in their employ and are seeking additional employment (a sharing arrangement, such as for a nanny, babysitter, or housekeeper).
(1) Residents can post housing searches only for themselves or other KWT residents.
(2) If you are a KWT resident who is posting about your own house, apartment, or room, please identify yourself as a KWT resident and as the owner.
(3) If you are a KWT resident who is posting a listing for your own or someone else's real estate agency, please identify yourself as a KWT resident and a realtor and identify the real estate agency.
(1) E-mail sent by or on behalf of businesses should include [CP] at the beginning of the subject line.
(2) E-mail about classes, events, etc., whether free or fee, can be posted if the classes, events, etc. are held in Kensington or Windsor Terrace or if the organizer or teacher lives in either neighborhood.
(3) E-mail about a business can be posted if it is located in Kensington or Windsor Terrace; if it is not but the owner lives in Kensington or Windsor Terrace, we make an exception and post the advertisement once.
(4) Announcements can be posted once about the start of ongoing classes (music, singing, language, yoga, movement, guitar, art, etc.), a time-limited series of classes, or new classes (classes created for additional age groups, weekend classes, etc.).
(5) The amount of advertising that a business can do is limited. Local businesses can post once per season (four times per year total).
Talk here about local businesses and local organizations the same way you would talk here about any other neighbor. If you have had a problem or an issue with a local business or a local organization and you tried to resolve it directly to no avail, you can state that you have had a problem or an issue, that you spoke directly to them about it, and that people who want more information can e-mail you off-list for details.
When you make a recommendation, be transparent about your relationship to the company or individual that you are recommending.
When you include a link in your e-mail, either share your thoughts about the article you are linking to, summarize it, or include quotes from it so that members can decide whether or not they want to click on the link and read further.
Please sign your e-mail (even if your e-mail address contains your name) so that list members will know who they are communicating with and they can address you by name. You can sign with your first name, your nickname, or however you like to have people address you. If your signature includes information about your or your employer's business that is relevant to your post, please limit it to two or three short lines below your name. Unsigned e-mail and e-mail that is only signed with a signature block will not be posted.
An e-mail can be posted once only.
We do not post videos, photos, or identification of people who we assume are neighborhood residents without their knowledge because if they are not members, they would not have an opportunity to defend themselves or possibly offer an explanation.
We post about crimes that have been reported to the police, and we post photos or video that show the criminal in the act (i.e., not just approaching a building or walking on the sidewalk). Under those two circumstances, we will post on behalf of someone who wants to be anonymous.
KWTneighbors is moderated. Each e-mail that is sent to KWTneighbors has to be approved by a moderator before it can be posted. Our goal is to keep KWTneighbors a positive resource in the neighborhood and a place where no members feel intimidated about posting.
Keep your messages courteous, respectful, and civil. Personal attacks are not allowed. The moderators have the right to end a thread. Take irrelevant or heated conversations off-list, but do not send personal attacks to members of KWTneighbors. If you do, you will be banned from the listserv.
To join, please let us know your name and what your connection is to our community: for example, you live here, you have a business here, or you have a child in school here.
- 3,695 Members
- 43,349 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members cannot edit their messages.